WELCOME TO THE MECT PHOTO CONTEST PAGE!
Rules and Information
The Four Seasons Animal Kingdom
Plants and Fungi Landscape
- Dates: Begins January 1, 2017 and ends at midnight on September 1, 2017.
- Winners: Determined by a panel of judges.
- One outstanding photo will be judged “Best in Show.” Each category will have two winners and one honorable mention. A special award will be given to the best photo taken in the Manchester-Essex Wilderness Conservation Area.
- Prizes will be awarded in a Youth Division – Ages 5 – 17.
- MECT will print the winning photos for display. Best in Show will be framed and all others will be matted.
- Prize photos will be displayed at the Santander Bank in Manchester for the month of November 2017. A reception will open the show.
- Winners will be notified by email as soon as the judges complete their work.
- Photos must be taken outdoors on conservation land in Manchester or Essex, and must be unpublished.
- Submit photos using the form below. One submission per photograph. Limit of 5 submissions.
- Open to all except MECT trustees or staff.
- Photographers retain all rights to their work. Artists grant MECT the right to reproduce, distribute, and publicly display/and or use submitted photographs in print or electronic publications, including promotional materials. MECT will always attempt to credit any reproduced photograph(s).
- Image Guidelines
- Photographs should be taken at the highest resolution possible; at least 1 MB but not more than 10 MB.
- The digital image size must be set at a minimum of 300 dpi and minimum height/width of 8” by 10.”
- Digital Alterations: All photographs should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appeared. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization may not be entered. Standard optimization is defined as removal of dust, cropping, adjustments to color and contrast, etc. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single “High Dynamic Range” image are acceptable.
- Photos must be in a .jpeg format.
- Images must be submitted electronically using the form below.
- Questions? Contact us.