Manchester Essex Conservation Trust owns and permanently protects over 1,500 acres of woodlands and wetlands in Essex and Manchester. All our properties are open for public enjoyment. We also oversee almost 200 acres of land under conservation restriction. Some of these properties are open to visitors; others preserve the land without public access. More than 50 miles of foot trails and old cartways provide easy access and wonderful outdoor exercise.
Our trail map of the Wilderness Conservation Area and all conservation properties will guide you in hiking, running, cross-country skiing, birdwatching, botanizing, and biking in designated areas.
How to Obtain a Printed Trail Map
Join MECT and receive a free map. Sign up to become a member, contact us online, email us at email@example.com, or call 978-890-7153.
- Mail a check for $6.00 payable to Manchester Essex Conservation Trust to MECT, P.O. Box 1486, Manchester, MA 01944, and include your mailing address
- Purchase a map for $5.00 at one of these locations:
- Essex Bird & Pet Supply – 121R Eastern Avenue, Essex
- Manchester Hardware – 35R Beach Street, Manchester
- New England Running Company & Trail – 43 Enon Street, Beverly
- Riverside Cycle (Seaside Cycle) – 23 Elm Street, Manchester
- Cape Ann Sup + Surf Co. (In Season Only) – 2 Southern Avenue, Essex