Volunteer a bit of your free time and talents to help with our work.
- Cleanup days feel good! You can instantly see the impact and feel proud.
- Or join one of our committees, such as land acquisition, land stewardship, finance, or community outreach to share your special talents
- Do you have special design or woodworking skills?
- Would you like to help with our newsletter production or mailings?
- Be the first to comment on our postcards and flyer drafts.
- Are you all about frogs? Birding? Foraging? Fascinated by carnivorous plants or moss? Do you have naturalist expertise that you’d like to share with a group or lead a group of hikers?
In time, you might even want to become a trustee. It is a three-year commitment that many of your fellow townspeople have accepted and enjoyed. Get to know our mission and organization today.
This year, in 2023, we have initiated a Trail Stewards program in which volunteers adopt an area and visit it periodically. Volunteers do minor trail maintenance, and trailblazing and alert us to bigger problems. Our first group of volunteers is in training, and we will add more volunteers to the program periodically.
We also host Trail Work days for volunteers to help with trailblazing, trash clean up, sign installation, bridge building and brush removal.
This year we partnered with the town of Manchester-by-the-Sea and the Cape Ann Trail Stewards to clean up a section of the Western Woods that the town owns.
We are especially grateful to the volunteers who spent the morning filling and hauling over 40 trashbags of refuse dumped in the woods years ago.
Your time commitment can be tailored to your needs and interests.